- The next generation of surface preparation, new advanced polymerized rubber technology.
- Works quickly and easily to remove paint over spray, rail dust, industrial pollution and other bonded surface contaminants.
- Works on automotive paint, glass, moldings and plastic.
- Must be used with a lubricant
- Avoid using soap and water as your lubricant.
- To clean, simply rinse off the accumulated contaminants with water.
- If dropped, no worries, just rinse off with water.
- Lasts 2-3 times longer than a traditional clay bar.
The Fine Grade Prep Sponge is designed to safely and quickly remove light to moderate contaminants.
The Nanoskin Autoscrub system works fast and achieves professional results with a new advanced polymerized rubber technology which will replace your need for a clay bar. The Nanoskin Autoscrub Prep Sponge will safely and easily remove paint over spray, water spots, fresh tree sap, rail dust and other bonded surface contaminants from your paint, glass, moldings and plastic.
Unlike a clay bar which needs constant reshaping, the Autoscrub Prep Sponge can be cleaned by simply rinsing off the accumulated contaminants with water. If you drop the Autoscrub Prep Sponge on the ground, no worries, just rinse the foam sponge clean and you are ready to keep using it. The Autoscrub Prep Sponge glides easily across the surface, allowing for sturdy and controlled handling.
Using sufficient lubrication is crucial to proper application of the Autoscrub. Make sure to only use the Autoscrub on clean, cool paint and out of direct sunlight. Never use on a surface below 55°F or above 144°F.
To use, thoroughly wash the vehicle to free it of dust, sand and dirt. Also, make sure any tar and grease is removed prior to application. Mist a sufficient lubricant onto the surface evenly and polish the surface with light pressure. I like to use Meguiar's Last Touch diluted 1:1 as my clay bar lubricant. Plain water does not make an adequate lubricant. Wipe off any remaining residue on the paint with a clean dry microfiber towel. To clean your Autoscrub Prep Sponge, simply rinse it with water.
The Autoscrub Prep Sponge has a protective coating to ensure stability during transportation. Before using it on your paint for the first time, break-in the towel following these simple instructions...
- Moisten the Autoscrub with desired lubricant.
- Moisten a portion of window glass or other glass surface.
- Rub the sponge in a circular motion against the glass for 30 to 60 seconds. You may see a white soapy foam. This is the protective coating coming off.
- Don't use on paint until the polymerized rubber is soft and slightly tacky.
*Cold temperatures may stiffen the sponge. Warm the sponge surface before using.
Sponge Color: Blue